Expert System to Diagnose Mental Health Disorders Using the Dempster Shafer Algorithm
This study aims to address the challenge of diagnosing mental disorders by using an expert system to provide accurate and efficient diagnosis. Mental health is crucial for achieving harmony in life, and the ability to face problems, feel happiness, and maintain positivity are all essential aspects of this. However, diagnosing mental disorders can be difficult and time-consuming, as symptoms may vary depending on the patient's condition and lifestyle. The study utilizes symptom data from 30 patients with 6 types of mental disorders, with each symptom assigned a weighted value of belief for the corresponding disorder. The Dempster Shafer algorithm is then used to process this data and obtain a total confidence value for each disorder. The results show a 97% confidence value for the patient's mental disorder, which can help psychologists make informed decisions and provide appropriate treatment.
Download PDF: 43 times
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Information Systems and Informatics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information Systems and Informatics (Journal-ISI) submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies
- I Agree that the paper published by this journal, I transfer copyright or assign exclusive rights to the publisher (including commercial rights)