BITCOIN-USD TRADING USING SVM TO DETECT THE CURRENT DAY’S TREND IN THE MARKET
BITCOIN-USD TRADING MENGGUNAKAN SVM UNTUK MENDETEKSI TREN SAAT INI DI PASARAN
Cryptocurrency trade is now a popular type of investment. Cryptocurrency market has been treated similar to foreign exchange and stock market. The Characteristics of Bitcoin have made Bitcoin keep rising In the last few years. Bitcoin exchange rate to American Dollar (USD) is $3990 USD on November 2018, with daily pice fluctuations could reach 4.55%2. It is important to able to predict value to ensure profitable investment. However, because of its volatility, there’s a need for a prediction tool for investors to help them consider investment decisions for cryptocurrency trade. Nowadays, computing based tools are commonly used in stock and foreign exchange market predictions. There has been much research about SVM prediction on stocks and foreign exchange as case studies but none on cryptocurrency. Therefore, this research studied method to predict the market value of one of the most used cryptocurrency, Bitcoin. The preditct methods will be used on this research is regime prediction to develop model to predict the close value of Bitcoin and use Support vector classifier algorithm to predict the current day’s trend at the opening of the market
B. B. Worldwide, “The Bitcoin Volatility Index,” 2018. [Online]. Available:
https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/volatility-index/. [Accessed: 04-Dec-2018].
J. J. Murphy, “Technical Analysis Of The Financial Markets,” Pennsylvania Dental Journal. 1999.
A. Radityo, Q. Munajat, and I. Budi, “Prediction of Bitcoin exchange rate to American dollar using artificial neural network methods,” in Advanced Computer Science and Information Systems (ICACSIS), 2017 International Conference on, 2017, pp. 433–438.
B. J. de Almeida, R. F. Neves, and N. Horta, “Combining Support Vector Machine with Genetic Algorithms to optimize investments in Forex markets with high leverage,” Appl. Soft Comput., vol. 64, pp. 596–613, 2018.
L. Kašćelan, V. Kašćelan, and M. Jovanović, “Hybrid support vector machine rule extraction method for discovering the preferences of stock market investors: Evidence from Montenegro,” Intell. Autom. & Soft Comput., vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 503–522, 2015.
E. Su, “Stock index hedging using a trend and volatility regime-switching model involving hedging cost,” Int. Rev. Econ. Financ., vol. 47, pp. 233–254, 2017.
E. Panopoulou and T. Pantelidis, “Regime-switching models for exchange rates,” Eur. J. Financ., vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 1023–1069, 2015.
Varun Divakar, “Trading Using Machine Learning In Python – SVM (Support Vector Machine),” 2017. [Online]. Available: Trading Using Machine Learning In Python – SVM (Support Vector Machine). [Accessed: 10-Feb-2019].
A. Greaves and B. Au, “Using the bitcoin transaction graph to predict the price of bitcoin,” No Data, 2015.
G. Saras, “Sekilas Tentang CAPM dan Cara Perhitungannya,” 2017. [Online]. Available: https://rumahsaraswati.co/capm-dan-cara-perhitungannya/. [Accessed: 01-Mar-2019].
Download PDF: 180 times
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information System and Informatics submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies.