One Slope Model: Efforts to Optimize Wifi Networks in the Office of communication and informatics in Palembang
Information technology in the field of transmission that is currently developing, one of which is Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi devices provide user convenience in carrying out their activities. The quality of Wi-Fi network performance can be known by the reception of the signal received by the user. If the placement of an access point (AP) is done correctly, the network will be optimized. There are several propagation models in the room that can be used as a guideline in determining the placement of the AP, one slope model is a way to measure the average level of a building and only depends on the distance of the transmitter and receiver. This research was conducted in order to overcome the problem of Wi-Fi network area coverage at the Office of Communication and Information of the City of Palembang. This study conducted an experiment to change the layout of AP's placement, measure and calculate data in priority with the one slope model. The results of measurements and calculations carried out analysis and comparison in order to determine the results of the experiments conducted. The results of this study indicate that an attempt to change the AP layout with one slope model can overcome existing problems and get better Wi-Fi coverage area performance. In the calculation with the one slope model of the 2-trial access point placement results in a decrease and an increase in signal. The signal reduction occurred in experiment 1, whereas in experiment 2 (design 2) the signal increased by 1.46dBm.
Cisco Systems, “Cisco CCNA Security,” CCNA Security, 2016.
A. Muzakir and M. Ulfa, “ANALISIS KINERJA PACKET FILTERING BERBASIS MIKROTIK ROUTERBOARD PADA SISTEM KEAMANAN JARINGAN,” Simetris J. Tek. Mesin, Elektro dan Ilmu Komput., vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 15–20, 2019.
S. Parji, F. Fatoni, and R. Andryani, “Optimasi Jaringan Wireless Lan Dengan One Slope Model (Studi Kasus: PT Adovelin Raharja Shipping),” in Bina Darma Conference on Computer Science (BDCCS), 2019, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 33–40.
D. Angela, “Optimasi Jaringan Wireless Lan (Studi Kasus Di Kampus Ithb Bandung),” J. Telemat., vol. 6, no. 1, 2015.
F. S. Mukti and D. A. Sulistyo, “Analisis Penempatan Access Point Pada Jaringan Wireless LAN STMIK Asia Malang Menggunakan One Slope Model,” J. Ilm. Teknol. Inf. Asia, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 13–22, 2018.
E. Nahartyo, “Desain dan Implementasi Riset Eksperimen,” Work. Metod. Ris. Eksp., 2016.
P. D. Sugiyono, metode penelitian kuantitatif, kualitatif,dan R&D. 2016.
I. Prasetyo, “Teknik Analisis Data Dalam Research And Development.” Jurusan PLS FIP Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta, 2012.
A. Muzakir and C. D. Kusmindari, “Design of Push-Up Detector Applications Using Quality Function Development and Anthropometry For Movement Error Detection,” Sci. J. Informatics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 248–257, 2018.
L. P. A. S. Aryaningrum, R. P. Astuti, and A. Fahmi, “Perancangan Dan Analisis Coverage Area Jaringan Wifi Pada Gerbong Kereta Api Penumpang Eksekutif Jakarta-bandung (design And Analisys Of Coverage Area Wifi Network On Carriage Executive Railway Passenger Depart Jakarta-bandung),” eProceedings Eng., vol. 3, no. 3, 2016.
M. A. AMANAF, “Analisis Optimasi Perencanaan Ulang Access Point Wifi Dengan Model Pathloss COST 231 Multi Wall dan Metode Offered Bit Quantity (OBQ) Studi Kasus Gedung Telematika ITTP,” J. Telecommun. Electron. Control Eng., 2019.
Download PDF: 138 times
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information System and Informatics submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies.