APPLICATION OF NAIVE BAYES CLASSIFIER ALGORITHM IN DETERMINING NEW STUDENT ADMISSION PROMOTION STRATEGIES
PENERAPAN ALGORITMA NAIVE BAYES CLASSIFIER DALAM MENENTUKAN STRATEGI PROMOSI PENERIMAAN MAHASISWA BARU
Data Mining is a process that uses statistical techniques, mathematics, artificial intelligence, machine learning to extract and identify useful information and related knowledge from large databases. Data mining is the process of finding new patterns in data by filtering large amounts of data. Data mining uses pattern recognition technology that is similar to statistical techniques and mathematical techniques. The patterns found can provide useful information for generating economic benefits, effectiveness and efficiency. Algorithm Naive Bayes Classifier is one method of data mining that can be used to support effective and efficient promotion strategies. The Naive Bayes Classifier algorithm is used to predict the interest of the study based on the calculations performed. The data used are new student registration data from 2014 until 2016 at Bina Darma University. The results of this study are new models that are expected to provide important information can be used to assist the Marketing Team of Bina Darma University Palembang in policy making and implementation of appropriate marketing strategy. The results obtained are expected to help to support the promotion strategies that impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of promotion and increase the number of new students who will register.
Arikunto, Suharsimi. 2011. Prosedur Penelitian: Suatu Pendekatan Praktik. Edisi Revisi VII. Jakarta: PT. Rineka Cipta.
Basuki, Sulistyo. 2006. Metode Penelitian. Jakarta: Wedatama Widya Sastra.
Budi, Santoso, 2007, Data Mining : Teknik Pemanfaatan Data untuk Keperluan Bisnis, Graha Ilmu, Yogyakarta
Kusrini dan Luthfi. E. Taufiq.(2009).Algoritma Data Mining. Yogyakarta: Andi. Laksana, Fajar. 2008. Manajemen Pemasasaran : Pendekatan Praktis. Edisi Pertama. Cetakan Pertama. Graha Ilmu. Yogyakarta.
Setyosari, Punaji. 2010. Metode Penelitian dan Pengembangan. Jakarta: Kencana
Sugiyono. 2012. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Kualitatif dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Turban, E., dkk, 2005, Decicion Support Systems and Intelligent Systems, Andi Offse
www.binadarma.ac.id, website Universitas Bina Darma Palembang pada tanggal 29-05-2016
Download PDF: 119 times
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information System and Informatics submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies.