Implementation of Fuzzy C-Means and Topsis in College Rankings
Prior to now, the ranking of higher education institutions, particularly those at the Regional II Palembang Higher Education Service Institution, was based on one component of the work unit's criteria. This makes the university ranking results superior on one criterion but inferior on another. The number of instructors and the number of students at 100 universities in the South Sumatra region were split into two groups based on the outcome of the fuzzy c means algorithm grouping and regional criteria and calculated based on the resulting mean value. The grouping results using a topsis algorithm decision-making system with a weight determined by the number of lecturers with functional positions, college accreditation, number of certified lecturers, and percentage level of higher education database reports are used as a reference to rank universities. Based on the mean value of the fuzzy c means algorithm and the grouping results, seven colleges were chosen. Using the topsis method's way of making decisions, the final score for the highest-ranked college is 0.850.
Tan, P. N., Steinbach, M., & KUMAR, V. 2006. Introduction to Data Mining. Boston: Pearson Education
Jindal, K., Sharma, M., & Sharma, DR. B. K. Data Mining to support Decision Process in Decision Support System. International Journal of Emerging Technology dan Advanced Engineering. Volume 4, Special Issue 1, 2014
Sahu, H., Sharma, S. & Gondhalakar, S. A Brief Overview on Data Mining Survey. International Journal of Computer Technology dan Electronics Engineering (IJCTEE) Volume 1, Issue 3. 2012
Ristyawan, A. and Sunyoto, A. (2015) ‘Pemanfaatan Algoritma FCM Dalam
Pengelompokan Kinerja Akademik Mahasiswa’, pp. 9–10
Bezdek, J. C. (1981) Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms.
Hastuti, A. B. et al. (2013) ‘Implementasi Metode Fuzzy C-Means Dan Topsis Dalam Membangun Sistem Pendukung Keputusan (Studi Kasus : Penentuan Jurusan Di Sma Negeri 1 Wonosari )’, 14(2).
Fitriatien, S. R. (2016) ‘Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Mahasiswa’, in, pp. 1009–1024.
Giovan Meidy Susanto (2020) “Sistem Referensi Pemilihan Smartphone Android Dengan Metode Fuzzy C-Means dan TOPSIS”. Resti Vol. 4 No. 6 (2020) 1092 – 1101
Risma Rustiyan R (2018) “Penerapan Algoritma Fuzzy C Meansuntuk Analisis Permasalahan Simpanan Wajib Anggota Koperasi”. Jurnal Teknologi Informasi dan Ilmu Komputer, Vol. 5, No. 2, Mei 2018, hlm. 171-176.
Nova Agustina (2018).” Perbandingan Algoritma K-Means Dengan Algoritma Fuzzy C-Means Untuk ClusteringTingkat Kedisiplinan Kinerja Karyawan”. Jurnal Resti
Gunawan Wibisono (2019) “Penerapan Metode Topsis Dalam Penentuan Dosen Terbaik”. ILKOM Jurnal Ilmiah Volume 11 Nomor 2 Agustus 2019
Download PDF: 182 times
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information Systems and Informatics (Journal-ISI) submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies
- I Agree that the paper published by this journal, I transfer copyright or assign some rights to the publisher (including commercial rights)