Improving IT Team Motivation in Using IT Helpdesk
Information Technology and Information Systems are important in supporting operations in a company. The organization's ability to manage IT affects the quality of its information technology services, especially in the use of the IT Helpdesk. The IT Helpdesk acts as a good service provider for request fulfillment and problem management in the company and aims for the IT support team to monitor the status of work on problems faced by users and can analyze lead times from the emergence of these problems to their completion. The IT Helpdesk in a company engaged in the garment and textile industry has not been used optimally, for example, e-ticketing has not reached the target time specified in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) at the company due to a lack of enthusiasm and lack of motivation by the IT team towards the use of IT Helpdesk. Therefore, the researchers designed a prototype of the application of gamification with the Mechanics-Dynamics-Aesthetics (MDA) framework at the IT Helpdesk as a strategy used to increase the motivation and enthusiasm of the IT team that is useful for improving the performance of each IT team.
N. S. Prameswari and T. D. Susanto, “Pembuatan Dokumen Service Level Management Pada Layanan Help Desk SAP Berdasarkan ITIL 2011,” Semin. Nas. Sist. Inf. Indones., no. November, 2016.
S. Syofian and A. Winandar, “Aplikasi Helpdesk Mendukung Sistem Ticketing,” J. Teknol. Inf., vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2017.
A. D. Wardani et al., “Student Learning Motivation: A Conceptual Paper,” vol. 487, no. Ecpe, pp. 275–278, 2020, doi: 10.2991/assehr.k.201112.049.
M. Paais and J. R. Pattiruhu, “Effect of Motivation, Leadership, and Organizational Culture on Satisfaction and Employee Performance,” J. Asian Financ. Econ. Bus., vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 577–588, 2020, doi: 10.13106/JAFEB.2020.VOL7.NO8.577.
S. Farisi, J. Irnawati, and M. Fahmi, “Pengaruh Motivasi dan Disiplin Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan,” J. Hum., vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 15–33, 2020.
Y. Vianna, M. Vianna, B. Medina, and S. Tanaka, Gamification, Inc. - Recreating Companies Through Games, Kindle. MJV Press, 2014.
J. Hamari, J. Koivisto, and H. Sarsa, “Does gamification work? - A literature review of empirical studies on gamification,” Proc. Annu. Hawaii Int. Conf. Syst. Sci., pp. 3025–3034, 2014, doi: 10.1109/HICSS.2014.377.
N. R. Silaen et al., Kinerja Karyawan, Pertama. Bandung: WIDINA BHAKTI PERSADA BANDUNG, 2021.
P. Buttfield-Addison, J. Manning, and T. Nugent, “A better recipe for game jams: Using the mechanics dynamics aesthetics framework for planning,” Proc. Int. Conf. Game Jams, Hackathons, Game Creat. Events, GJH GC 2016, pp. 30–33, 2016, doi: 10.1145/2897167.2897183.
W. M. A. F. Wan Hamzah, N. Haji Ali, M. Y. Mohd Saman, M. H. Yusoff, and A. Yacob, “Influence of Gamification on Students’ Motivation in using E-Learning Applications Based on the Motivational Design Model,” Int. J. Emerg. Technol. Learn., vol. 10, no. 2, p. 30, 2015, doi: 10.3991/ijet.v10i2.4355.
J. V. Moniaga, M. S. Astriani, S. Hambali, Y. Wijaya, and Y. Chandra, “The implementation of MDA framework in a game-based learning in security studies,” Lect. Notes Networks Syst., vol. 22, pp. 596–608, 2018, doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-64352-6_56.
R. Hunicke, M. Leblanc, and R. Zubek, “MDA: A formal approach to game design and game research,” AAAI Work. - Tech. Rep., vol. WS-04-04, pp. 1–5, 2004.
G. P. Kusuma, E. K. Wigati, Y. Utomo, and L. K. Putera Suryapranata, “Analysis of Gamification Models in Education Using MDA Framework,” Procedia Comput. Sci., vol. 135, pp. 385–392, 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2018.08.187.
W. Afrilia, R. Yuniarti, and A. Komarudin, “Desain Game Simulasi Pembuatan Kue Tradisional Menggunakan Pendekatan Mechanics Dynamics Aesthetics Framework,” SNATI (Seminar Nas. Apl. Teknol. Informasi) 2019, pp. 13–17, 2019.
Download PDF: 244 times
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information Systems and Informatics (Journal-ISI) submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies
- I Agree that the paper published by this journal, I transfer copyright or assign some rights to the publisher (including commercial rights)