Developing a Software Mechanism for Scheduling and Tracking Project Lifecycle Using Open-Source Software: An application on a government institution
This research aims at developing a software mechanism for scheduling and tracking the status of pre-planned tasks using an open sources to achieve projects in government institutions based on project management theory. This mechanism will facilitate the system process via planning, managing, and evaluating the project team activities to ensure that the project is running according to the time and financial plans. The system will also enables the work team to share tasks information, and follow their status during the lifecycle of these tasks. The system will also allow the project management to benefit from these reports to continuously assess individuals, tasks, and refine management decisions for present and future projects.
The study is also relied on an open source project management software (ODOO) in planning, implementation, and the following up of an academic quality accreditation project of the department of ( MIS ) in the College of Business (King Khalid University, KSA, 2018-2020). The application of such software will allow improvement, and control participants performance and achievement of the tasks entrusted to them. Also some software components will be added and reused.
 Meredith JR, Mantel SJ Project Management: A Managerial Approach, 7th ed, New York: John Wiley & Sons; 2009.
 Walker A., Project Management in Construction, 4th ed, Oxford, UK: Blackwell Science Ltd; 2002.
 Tsai, W. H., Lee, P. L., Shen, Y. S., & Yang, C. C., " The relationship between ERP software selection criteria and ERP success. InIndustrial Engineering and Engineering Management," InIndustrial Engineering and Engineering Management, IEEE International Conference on (pp. 2222-2226), IEEM 2009.
 Halil Cicibas, Omer Unal, Kadir Alpaslan Demir, "A Comparison of Project Management Software Tools (PMST)," International Conference on Software Engineering Research & Practice, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 397-412, July 12-15, 2010.
 Sommerville, Ian, Software Engineering.9th, United States of America, Addison-Wesley, 2011.
 http://www.odoo.com/, 2019/5/1 5:00PM.
 Greg Moss, Working with Odoo, 2015, packt publishing, ISBN 978-1-78439-455-4.
 http://office.microsoft.com, 2019/5/3 12:00PM.
 http://www.oracle.com/primavera, 2019/5/4 11:00PM.
 http://www.assembla.com, 2019/5/5 8:00PM.
 Jindal, Navita, and Kanwalvir Singh Dhindsa., "Comparative Study of OpenERP and its Technologies", International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 73, no. 20, pp. 42-47, 2013.
 Amal Ganesh, Shanil K.N, Sunitha C, Midhundas A.M, "OpenERP/Odoo – An Open Source Concept to ERP Solution", International Advanced Computing Conference, 6th , 2016, pp.112-116.
Download PDF: 99 times
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information System and Informatics submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies.