Strategy of Indonesian Navy Big Data Development Using SWOT Analysis and Analytic Hierarchy Process
The Indonesian Navy organization has the duties and responsibilities of state sovereignty. In carrying out its duties, very large and large data and real time data include data on ships in all Indonesian waters from satellite and terrestrial AIS, from radar, data from long range cameras, data from other agencies such as weather data, marine accident data, natural disasters data and fishing areas data. The managed data consists of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data. Thus, big data is needed within the Indonesian Navy. Therefore, this study analyzes the strategies that need to be taken to be able to develop a big data in the Indonesian Navy. The method used is qualitative analytic research using SWOT and AHP. The research subjects were Section Heads at command and control center, Head of Section at Information and Data Processing Services. Data With this combined method, the resulting main strategy is to implement Big Data with existing and adequate system resources, manageable costs, set up network infrastructure and sufficient bandwidth using available big data software by optimizing government regulations regarding single data for communication and data sharing from other agencies and optimizing advanced API technology.
Aneato, D. (2020). Strategies to Implement Big Data Analytics in Telecommunications Organizations. Walden Dissertations and Doctoral Studies. Diakses dari https://scholarworks.waldenu.edu/dissertations
M. A. Memon, S. Soomro, A. K. Jumani, and M. A. Kartio, “Big data analytics and its applications,” Ann. Emerg. Technol. Comput., vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 45–54, 2017, doi: 10.33166/AETiC.2017.01.006.
E. R. E. Sirait, “Implementasi Teknologi Big Data Di Lembaga Pemerintahan Indonesia,” J. Penelit. Pos dan Inform., vol. 6, no. 2, p. 113, 2016, doi: 10.17933/jppi.2016.060201.
B. Jibai, H. Alaaraj, and A. Issa, “Developing SWOT/ TOWS Strategic Matrix for E-Banking in Lebanon,” Int. Bus. Account. Res. J., vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 13–21, 2017, doi: 10.15294/ibarj.v2i1.27.
A. B. Citta, A. Ridha, Y. A. Dekrita, and R. Yunus, “Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research (AEBMR), volume 92,” Adv. Econ. Bus. Manag. Res., vol. 92, no. Icame 2018, pp. 119–126, 2019.
D. Aneato, “Strategies to Implement Big Data Analytics in Telecommunications Organizations Walden University,” 2020.
S. Kulshrestha, “Big Data Analytics in Indian Navy,” pp. 0–4, 2017.
Desclaux, “Lt Gen ( Ret ) Gilles DESCLAUX ’ s Keynote at IST 160 Specialists ’ Meeting BIG DATA & ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR MILITARY DECISION MAKING,” 2018.
Heriyadi, Z. Fanani, S. Widagdo, and A. Hariswanto, “Swot Analysis of National Defence System To Face Infromation War in Digital Era.,” Int. J. Adv. Res., vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 457–463, 2019, doi: 10.21474/ijar01/9059.
A. K. Susilo and B. Pramono, “THE DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY FOR EMPOWERING THE DEFENSE AREA OF A NON-MILITARY ASPECT IN,” J. Def. Resour. Manag., pp. 195–221, 2020.
M. Bengtsson, “How to plan and perform a qualitative study using content analysis,” NursingPlus Open, vol. 2, pp. 8–14, 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.npls.2016.01.001.
H. Johnson, “Understanding the Role of Triangulation in Research,” Sch. Researh J. Interdiscipinary Stud., vol. 6, no. 177, pp. 91–95, 2017, [Online]. Available: http://www.srjis.com/pages/pdfFiles/149544238718. HONORENO JOHNSON.pdf.
D. Oreski, “Strategy development by using SWOT-AHP,” TEM J., vol. 1, no. 4, 2012.
Download PDF: 156 times
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information System and Informatics submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies.