Mikrotik VPN Shielding E-Link Health Reports: Strengthening Data Security at Madiun Health Office
Advances in Information and Communication Technology have led to revolutionary changes in computer networking, especially in Indonesia, which has witnessed significant technological growth over the last four years. Despite this progress, inter-agency data exchange, particularly in governmental organizations, remains vulnerable to security risks. This study focuses on enhancing the security measures for the Electronic Health Information Report (E-Link) system at Madiun District Health Office by implementing a Virtual Private Network (VPN) using MikroTik. A multi-method approach, comprising direct observation, interviews, and literature review, was adopted for this investigation. The findings confirm that the utilization of Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) via MikroTik substantially elevates the security and governs controlled access to the E-Link application. Therefore, the implementation of a VPN not only fortifies the security but also improves the accessibility of health data systems.
D. Ferdiansyah, A. R. Kamal, S. A. Majapahit, and F. Mulyanto, “Pengujian Multicore Pada Processor Terhadap Performansi Server Virtualisasi Menggunakan Metode Load Testing,” J. Inf. Syst. Informatics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 698–710, 2021, doi: 10.51519/journalisi.v3i4.193.
F. Yudha, A. Muhammad, and P. Muryadi, “CyberSecurity dan Forensik Digital Perancangan Aplikasi Pengujian Celah Keamanan Pada Aplikasi Berbasis Web,” vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2018.
S. Ikhwan and A. Amalina, “Analisis Jaringan VPN Menggunakan PPTP dan L2TP (Studi Kasus: Dinhubkominfo Kabupaten Banyumas),” J. Infotel, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 265–270, 2017.
S. Hendra, “Implementasi Remote Site Pada Virtual Private Network Berbasis Mikrotik,” Bina Insa. ICT J., vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 85–98, 2016.
Lia Umaroh , Machsun Rifauddin, “Implementasi Virtual Private Network (VPN) Di Perpustakaan Univesitas Islam Malang, SK Dirjen Risbang -Kemristekdikti No 21/E/KPT/2018(Peringkat 2 SINTA).
Tanda Budimulya , Maryanah Safitri , Faridi, “Perancangan VPN Sebagai Pendukung Sistem Informasi Kepegawaian Pada Kantor Kementrian Kesehatan RI”, JIKA (Jurnal Informatika) Universitas Muhammadiyah Tangerang, Tangerang, Juni 2022.
B. Santoso, A. Sani, T. Husain, and N. Hendri, “Vpn Site To Site Implementation Using Protocol L2Tp and Ipsec,” Teknokom, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 30–36, 2021, doi: 10.31943/teknokom.v4i1.59.
H. G. Ardiansyah Taufiq A.; Afdhal, Afdhal, “Pengaturan Pemakaian Bandwidth Menggunakan Mikrotik Bridge,” J. Rekayasa Elektr., vol. 9, no. Vol 9, No 2 (2010), pp. 69–76, 2010.
D. Putra and M. I. Fianty, “Capability Level Measurement of Information Systems Using COBIT 5 Framework in Garment Company,” J. Inf. Syst. Informatics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 333–346, 2023, doi: 10.51519/journalisi.v5i1.454.
Afit Muhammad Lukman, Yusuf Bachtiar, “Analisis Sistem Pengelolaan, Pemeliharaan Dan Keamanan Jaringan Internet Pada IT TELKOM Purwokerto”, Jurnal Evolusi, vol. 6, no 2, 2018.
R. Azhar, “Analisa Qos Pada Jaringan Site To Site Vpn,” Anal. Qos Pada Jar. Site To Site Vpn Menggunakan Protoc. Sstp, pp. 52–60, 2017.
N. K. Dewi and A. S. Putra, “Pengembangan Sistem Jaringan Menggunakan Local Area Network Untuk Meningkatkan Pelayanan (Studi Kasus di PT . ARS Solusi Utama ),” TEKINFO Vol. 22, No. 1, April 2021, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 66–81, 2021.
E. Mufida, D. Irawan, and G. Chrisnawati, “Remote Site Mikrotik VPN Dengan Point To Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) Studi Kasus pada Yayasan Teratai Global Jakarta,” J. Matrik, vol. 16, no. 2, p. 9, 2017, doi: 10.30812/matrik.v16i2.7.
Download PDF: 27 times
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Information Systems and Informatics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information Systems and Informatics (Journal-ISI) submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies
- I Agree that the paper published by this journal, I transfer copyright or assign exclusive rights to the publisher (including commercial rights)