Streamlining IT Help Desk and Incident Management: Harnessing the Power of the ITIL Framework for Enhanced Efficiency in IT Services
This study examines the potential of leveraging incident management and IT Helpdesk principles from ITIL V3 to enhance the daily operations of an IT division. The research involved collecting email communication data between users and the IT division, as well as conducting interviews with individuals associated with the IT division and various company employees. The ITIL Maturity Level (ITML) method was utilized to analyze the findings, revealing that IT Helpdesk achieved a score of 3.5 (Quality Control), while incident management received a score of 2 (Process Capability). However, both areas fell short of meeting the requirements for level 3 (Products) according to the ITIL Self-Assessment table, resulting in a classification of "Not Comply." Nevertheless, incident management demonstrated the ability to standardize workflows and sustain service performance, which can be continually monitored and reviewed to ensure stable quality of IT services.
F. Samopa, H. Astuti, and M. Lestari, “The Development of Work Instruction as a Solution to Handle IT Critical Incidents in Units within an Organization,” Procedia Comput Sci, vol. 124, pp. 593–600, Jan. 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2017.12.194.
M. Gërvalla, N. Preniqi, and P. Kopacek, “IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework approach to IT Governance,” International Federation of Automatic Control - PapersOnLine, vol. 51, pp. 181–185, Sep. 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.11.283.
K. Melendez, A. Dávila, and M. Pessoa, “Information Technology Services Management Models Applied to Medium and Small Organizations: A Systematic Literature Review,” Comput Stand Interfaces, vol. 47, Oct. 2015, doi: 10.1016/j.csi.2015.10.001.
E. Orta and M. Ruiz, “Met4ITIL: A process management and simulation-based method for implementing ITIL,” Comput Stand Interfaces, vol. 61, Apr. 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.csi.2018.01.006.
R. Bella Novia, “ITIL 2011: Maturity Level of Service Operation Case Study PT Pertamina (Persero), Indonesia,” vol. VI, no. 1, p. 50, 2019.
M. Alimam, E. Bertin, and N. Crespi, “ITIL perspective on enterprise social media,” Int J Inf Manage, vol. 37, pp. 317–326, Aug. 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2017.03.005.
M. I. Fianty, “Meningkatkan kualitas pelayanan teknologi informasi menggunakan metode DMAIC pada Divisi IT helpdesk PT XYZ,” Kalbiscientia: Jurnal Sains Dan Teknologi, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 96–102, 2017.
S. Hanief and I. Jefriana, “Framework ITIL V3 Domain Service Operation dalam Analisis Pengelolaan Teknologi Blended Learning,” Jurnal Teknologi Informasi dan Komputer, vol. 4, Sep. 2018, doi: 10.36002/jutik.v4i1.395.
Y. Priatama, A. Nugroho, and M. Sitokdana, “Evaluasi Tatakelola Teknologi Informasi di PD BPR Bank Bapas 69 Magelang Menggunakan ITIL V3 Domain Service Strategy,” Jurnal Mnemonic, vol. 2, pp. 28–34, Dec. 2019, doi: 10.36040/mnemonic.v2i1.48.
R. Yandri, S. Suharjito, D. Utama, and A. Zahra, “Evaluation Model for the Implementation of Information Technology Service Management using Fuzzy ITIL,” Procedia Comput Sci, vol. 157, pp. 290–297, Jan. 2019, doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2019.08.169.
T. Haryanti and A. Subriadi, “E-Commerce Service Design Readiness using ITIL framework with IT Balanced Scorecard Objective (Case Study: University E-Commerce),” Procedia Comput Sci, vol. 161, pp. 283–290, Jan. 2019, doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2019.11.125.
Y. Bounagui, A. Mezrioui, and H. Hafiddi, “Toward a unified framework for Cloud Computing governance: An approach for evaluating and integrating IT management and governance models,” Comput Stand Interfaces, vol. 62, pp. 98–118, Sep. 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.csi.2018.09.001.
R. Handayani and A. RZ, “Framework Information Technology Infrastructure Library (Itil V3) : Audit Teknologi Informasi Sistem Informasi Akademik (Siakad) Perguruan Tinggi,” Explore: Jurnal Sistem Informasi dan Telematika, vol. 11, p. 29, Jun. 2020, doi: 10.36448/jsit.v11i1.1456.
D. Zuev, A. Kalistratov, and A. Zuev, “Machine Learning in IT Service Management,” Procedia Comput Sci, vol. 145, pp. 675–679, Jan. 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2018.11.063.
M. Van Wis Lee, “ITIL 2011: The Maturity of IT Service Operation in Universitas Multimedia Nusantara, Indonesia,” vol. V, no. 2, 2018.
S. Yamamoto, “A Continuous Approach to Improve IT Management,” Procedia Comput Sci, vol. 121, pp. 27–35, Jan. 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2017.11.005.
D. Smits and J. Hillegersberg, “The development of a hard and soft IT governance assessment instrument,” Procedia Comput Sci, vol. 121, pp. 47–54, Jan. 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2017.11.008.
Download PDF: 46 times
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Information Systems and Informatics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information Systems and Informatics (Journal-ISI) submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies
- I Agree that the paper published by this journal, I transfer copyright or assign exclusive rights to the publisher (including commercial rights)