Supplier Evaluation at Small-Medium Enterprise Using Simple Additive Weighting
This study focuses on the importance of information systems in today's intensely competitive business landscape. Companies of all sizes rely on information systems to stay afloat, streamline operations, and make informed decisions based on accurate data. To remain competitive, a medium-sized company specializing in vending motorcycle accessories and spare parts faced various challenges, including determining the best supplier for each item. To address this issue, a decision support system was developed using the Simple Additive Weighting technique. This method calculates the weighted sum of performance evaluations for each option based on all qualities. The system underwent user acceptance testing and achieved a flawless success rate of 100%. Overall, this study highlights the crucial role of decision support systems in enabling businesses to make strategic decisions based on accurate and reliable data.
D. Domarco and N. M. S. Iswari, “Rancang bangun aplikasi chatbot sebagai media pencarian informasi anime menggunakan regular expression pattern matching,” Ultim. J. Tek. Inform., vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 19–24, 2017.
T. Mildawati, “Teknologi informasi dan perkembangannya di indonesia,” Ekuitas, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 101–110, 2000.
C. A. Cholik, “Perkembangan Teknologi Informasi Komunikasi/ICT dalam Berbagai Bidang,” J. Fak. Tek. Kuningan, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 39–46, 2021.
P. J. Guinan, S. Parise, and N. Langowitz, “Creating an innovative digital project team: Levers to enable digital transformation,” Bus. Horiz., vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 717–727, 2019.
A. S. Meiryani, R. A. Siagian, A. Wardaya, and L. Puspokusumo, “Decision making and management information systems,” J. Crit. Rev., vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 320–325, 2020.
S. Matende and P. Ogao, “Enterprise resource planning (ERP) system implementation: a case for user participation,” Procedia Technol., vol. 9, pp. 518–526, 2013.
K. Sindo, “8 Juta UMKM Ditarget Bertransaksi Online Pada 2019,” Kementrian Komunikasi dan Informatika RI, 2018. https://www.kominfo.go.id/content/detail/14587/8-juta-umkm-ditarget-bertransaksi-online-pada-2019/0/sorotan_media (accessed Apr. 06, 2023).
Smesco, “Pendataan Lengkap Koperasi dan UMKM 2022 Ditargetkan Menyentuh 14,5 Juta KUMKM,” Smesco.Go.Id, 2022. https://smesco.go.id/berita/pl-kumkm2022-ditargetkan-menyentuh-14-5-juta-kumkm (accessed Apr. 06, 2023).
M. B. Kristanda, S. Hansun, and A. Albert, “Rancang Bangun Aplikasi UMN Library Catalog Menggunakan Metode Rocchio Relevance Feedback,” Ultim. InfoSys J. Ilmu Sist. Inf., vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 9–17, 2018.
I. Mashal, O. Alsaryrah, T.-Y. Chung, and F.-C. Yuan, “A multi-criteria analysis for an internet of things application recommendation system,” Technol. Soc., vol. 60, p. 101216, 2020.
P. Maheshwaran, R. Kumar, S. Rajeswari, and D. Mungara, “A Review on Requirement Engineering in Rapid Application Development,” Int. J. Sci. Res. Comput. Sci. Eng. Inf. Technol, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 742–746, 2017.
D. Purnomo, “Model prototyping pada pengembangan sistem informasi,” JIMP (Jurnal Inform. Merdeka Pasuruan), vol. 2, no. 2, 2017.
R. Purba, “Decision support system for determining homeroom teachers at Musda Perbaungan Private vocational schools using the simple additive weighting method,” J. Basic Sci. Technol., vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 42–51, 2021.
S. Syam and M. Rabidin, “Metode Simple Additive Weighting dalam Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Pemilihan Karyawan Berprestasi (Studi Kasus: PT. Indomarco Prismatama cabang Tangerang 1),” J. Keilmuan dan Apl. Tek., vol. 6, no. 1, 2019.
A. Ibrahim and R. A. Surya, “The implementation of simple additive weighting (SAW) method in decision support system for the best school selection in Jambi,” in Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2019, vol. 1338, no. 1, p. 12054.
N. Dobrovolskienė and A. Pozniak, “Simple Additive Weighting versus Technique for Order Preference by Similarity to an Ideal Solution: which method is better suited for assessing the sustainability of a real estate project,” Entrep. Sustain. issues, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 180–196, 2021.
Download PDF: 45 times
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Information Systems and Informatics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information Systems and Informatics (Journal-ISI) submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies
- I Agree that the paper published by this journal, I transfer copyright or assign exclusive rights to the publisher (including commercial rights)