Implementation of the Least Square Method for The Application of Population Growth Rate Prediction in Air Sugihan District
Air Sugihan is one of the 18 sub-districts in Ogan Komering Ilir Regency, South Sumatra Province which has 19 villages. After observation, in the annual program policy planning carried out by the Air Sugihan District, almost all development plans need to have an information base for future time estimates, namely predictions of population growth rates. Therefore, this study aims to contribute to the Air Sugihan sub-district by conducting a predictive analysis of the population growth rate with the least square method and implementing it into an application. The use of the least square method is a suitable method for predicting the rate of population growth. From the results of the analysis of prediction calculations for 2021, the same results were obtained with the details of the birth value of 762 with MAD errors (77.04) and MAPE (11.78 %), the death value of 460 with MAD errors (65.41) and MAPE (20.41 %), the Migration-coming value of 637 with MAD errors (190.67) and MAPE (81.55 %) and the Migration-away value of 877 with errors MAD (169.99) and MAPE (45.35 %). With the implementation into the application, it facilitates the process of managing population growth rate data in determining the results of predictions or forecasting and conclusions can be drawn from the prediction results for which factors or variables are more specific to affect the rate of population growth in the future.
Download PDF: 253 times
- I certify that I have read, understand and agreed to the Journal of Information System and Informatics submission guidelines, policies and submission declaration. Submission already using the provided template.
- I certify that all authors have approved the publication of this and there is no conflict of interest.
- I confirm that the manuscript is the authors' original work and the manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published.
- I confirm that all authors listed on the title page have contributed significantly to the work, have read the manuscript, attest to the validity and legitimacy of the data and its interpretation, and agree to its submission.
- I confirm that the paper now submitted is not copied or plagiarized version of some other published work.
- I declare that I shall not submit the paper for publication in any other Journal or Magazine till the decision is made by journal editors.
- If the paper is finally accepted by the journal for publication, I confirm that I will either publish the paper immediately or withdraw it according to withdrawal policies.